I love living in the city and I'm really excited to spend the summer here! A few days ago I bought my favorite summer accessory: a bicycle. I found a lovely vintage Raleigh three speed glider online and bought it from the nicest man, he even gave me a 'student discount.' I really like it and I can't wait to ride it. I'm definitely going to take some outfit pictures with it so everyone can see it. There are just a few things I need first, like a lock.
I've been to a few bike shops in the city and I there are so many cute things. I decided to make a little college of somethings I plan to get, I just have to do a little more scouting.
Bicycle Accessories by kellylee featuring ASOS hair accessories
Here are a few things I Need!
1. A bicycle basket. I had one before on my old bike and I love it, no need to ride around with a backpack and get all sweaty! I love front ones because I can see what's going with stuff but they do throw the balance of your bike off slightly if you have a heavy load. The wicker ones are so cute I hope I can find one that is sturdy enough for me, but I will probably end up with a wire one again, it held up so good on my old bike.
2. A cute bag to go into the basket. If I do end up with a wire one I might make a bag that fits inside that is removable?? I'll have to think about that.
3. Cute water bottles. I'm going to get a a little holder to attach to my bike so I don't get dehydrated while riding. I also need to get a good bottle of sunscreen!
4. A bell. Apparently the fine for not having a bell in Toronto is $100, definitely getting one!
5. A helmet, safety is sexy. Head injuries are not!
6. Sunglasses. Important for summer in general, but especially while riding a bike, being blinded by the sun is not good.
7. American Apparel cycle shorts. I hope to get a cute pair I can wear under dresses and skirts while I ride. I really like the ones with lace at the bottom.
8. Silk flowers. I would like to decorate my basket with cute colourful flowers.
OK, that's it. Hopefully I'll get all these things soon so I can ride my bike everyday.